Hello all you Communitarians out there. It’s the one and only Thief! Almost everyone around the world this time of year is gearing up for the big Holiday rush. I absolutely love Christmas Time. If it weren’t for Christmas I probably wouldn’t be here talking to you right now about Video Games. The Holidays mean 3 things to me. Family, Friends, and Gaming with all of the above. I am here today to talk to you all about My Most Anticipated Video Games of the Holiday Season. Let me be clear. This list is about games that I hope to be receiving during the Holiday Season. Some of these games have been out for a few weeks to a month. Now remember, this is MY List Kiddies. Not yours. Please, PLEASE Do not get butt hurt if I don’t add Kinect to this list…I don’t like it…Now lets get Started!
Call of Duty Black Ops
Console: Everything known to Man…
Release Date: November 9th 2010
- I, unlike most people I know, have been excited for this game since it was first announced. The main complaint I heard from people was that Black Ops was going to be a Treyarch title. While World at War wasn’t the greatest in the story department, Treyarch still knows how to make a damn game. This edition looks to be fantastic. The reviews haven’t poured in yet but I’m certain they’ll be positive. I know I’ll be skipping school to play it.
They have a freakin’ RC Car…for a kill streak perk…You bet your ass I’m going to be getting this game! Oh, and if you aren’t sold on the game just yet…I’ve only got one thing to say…JFK, Castro, Mcnamara, and Nixon…Good Night Folks!
Release Date: November 30th 2010
- Ahh Mickey. You and your crazy company. You definitely have been in Disney’s finest…and its biggest flops when it comes to Video Games. Warren Spector, known for such gems as System Shock and Deus Ex, has stepped up to the plate to develop a game with Everyone’s Favorite Mouse! The plot revolves around Mickey and the Sorcerer Yen Sid who created a “Pen and Paper World” to lock away all of the “things that have been forgotten”.
Many years later Mickey is pulled in through a magic mirror by the Phantom Blot and thrown into the Cartoon Wasteland. Mickey must save the Wasteland…Now you sit there and tell me you just aren’t a little bit curious of what Disney is hiding in that Cartoon Wasteland? What intrigues me is being a frequent Nintendo supporter, I am excited to see how it controls and just what you can do with this game. Very excited for this one.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Console: Xbox 360 and PS3
Release Date: October 4th 2010
- Taking myself back a little bit I’ve got to say that one of my favorite old school series to play is Castlevania. I’m a big fan of the atmosphere and the difficulty, but mostly of the fact that you’re basically a vampire killer going around destroying people. I first found out about this game at E3 2009 with a trailer being shown and then I saw the “Kojima Productions” logo and thought to myself…Oh man. This is going to rule. Playing the demo on a Friends PS3 has just assured me that this game is going to blow the roof off for me. I’m a bit upset that it’s a reboot, and I’ve heard a few negatives to the series…but Patrick Stewart and Robert Carlyle…What can be more awesome than that?! Next Game!!
Console: Xbox 360 and PS3
Release Date: November 23rd 2010
- Can you tell I’ve been playing Video Game awhile? Way back in the day on the TurboGrafx-16 there was this little beauty of a Blood Filled Gem named Splatterhouse. The series has always been fantastic and now you can play all 4 of them. It’s also a reboot to the franchise.
The game is as bloody, gory, ultra-violent as everyone remembers it…and I wouldn’t have it any other way…P.S. 2X4.
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Release Date: November 21st 2010
- Donkey Kong…Where have you been? Donkey Kong has always been one of my favorite Nintendo Series since I can even remember. From DK being a villain stealing Mario’s old girlfriend Pauline, to kicking the ever loving shit out of King K. Rool. Since Donkey Kong Jungle Beat on the Gamecube I’ve just been so lonely without my Buddy DK and his little Pal Diddy… Finally. FINALLY on June 15th…
My prayers were answered. One of my favorite game series of all time is the DKC Series…and now the 4th installment has joined me. I’m almost complete in my Video Game World. Finally Donkey Kong and Diddy are Back, Simultaneous Co-Op play with both Donkey and Diddy at the same time, Old and New Animals to help you out. Platforming at it’s finest. I’m hoping that it can even surpass Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong’s Quest on my Favorite List. (Donkey Kong Country 2, as i’ve stated before is one of the greatest pieces of gaming in I have no idea where.) It is by far my most awaited game this Holiday.
Thank you all who have read this and continue to read my Articles. I truly appreciate each and every one of you and I hope to continue to entertain you with my articles as well as inform you. This is your Thief in the Night. Signing Off.